Lump on my gum

by Sharon
(Diss, Norfolk)

I have a lump on the side on my gum near the back. My husband has looked and its brown in color. I it very painful and i can't eat, or hardly swallow drink. I have taken Ibuprofen and didn't work. What can i do?


Hi Sharon, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. You should see your dentist or physician as soon as possible. Since it is impacting your swallowing it may be best to see your physician first.

It could possibly be an infection that would improve with antibiotic so the sooner you can get it checked out the better.

If you notice the swelling getting bigger or especially if you have difficulty breathing you should go to the ER.

Thanks for writing,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dental Questions and Answers.

Still Need Some Advice?  Submit Your Question for a Personal Reply