Spot on my gum hurts a little and my ear hurts.

by Billy

So basically i woke up to see a pimple on my gum and an earache. From the ear the pain spread to my gum leaving a spot. What shall i do?


Hi Billy, So sorry you're having this issue. Unfortunate timing with it being the weekend. You should see your dentist to see if there is an infection or abscess. Some dentists are willing to prescribe an antibiotic when the office is closed then follow up with an exam during office hours.

If your pain worsens or you have a lot of swelling you may want to go to an urgent care center over the weekend.

Thanks for writing,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dental Questions and Answers.

Still Need Some Advice?  Submit Your Question for a Personal Reply